Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
IV Sedation Requirements:
- All patients must have a parent, family member, legal guardian, or adult chaperone present throughout the entire time the procedure is being performed. Chaperones may not leave the premises of the office for any reason.
- The patient’s driver must be present at the time of the appointment. If no chaperone is present, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Patients are not permitted to use any taxi service, Uber/Lyft or public transit after sedation procedures.
- Patients and/or chaperones are not permitted to take photos, videos or any other unauthorized documentation of staff and/or of the patient while inside the office. This is so we remain a HIPPA compliant office.
- Patients are encouraged to bring ice packs to the appointment. If you do not have your own, icepacks are available for purchase in the office.
- If you must cancel your appointment, please do so at least 48 hours prior to your appointment.
IV Sedation Pre-Operative Instructions
- Take adult dosage (200mg) of Motrin, Advil, or Ibuprofen every 6 hours starting 24 hours before the procedure, except when sleeping.
- Do not eat anything 6 hours before the procedure. You may have up to 8oz. of liquids sparingly up to 2 hours before the procedure, then nothing by mouth except for ibuprofen or daily medications
- The day of your procedure:
- Wear a short sleeve shirt
- Remove fingernail polish
- Secure hair away from face
- Closed back shoes only. No flip flops, slides, or crocs.
- No contact lenses or false eyelashes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office.